Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Home Stretch:)

   Can't believe we are here! We received our I171H (our immigration approval) in the mail yesterday evening. It is now notarized and ready to head to Richmond on Monday for apostille. Then off it goes to Eastern Europe and we are done. There is a possibility of our whole dossier being submitted on Thursday!! Eeekkk! Your submittal date is one of the big ones. It means paperwork for the time being is done and in country. After that we just wait for our travel date known as our DAP appointment. As I might have mentioned before we will be one of the first families submitted with a new form requesting expedited DAP appointments for special needs children. We are hopeful that it will decrease our wait from submission to DAP. The current wait without the expedited form is 9-12 weeks. So I guess now our current prayer request are safe and speedy travel of our documents and quick submittal and DAP.
     Also as we are so close to the end I am staring to feel panicky about raising the $18-20,000 we still need before we travel. When we knew we still had time it didn't feel so big but now that time is running short we are really feeling the pressure. God knows and sent an angel today straight to our door with a handful of cash. He only said God told me to give this to you! Asking for money is such a humbling thing but what has been so amazing about this process is for the most part the people that have given are not the ones we have asked! Which just further shows us that God is working and He definitely works in mysterious ways:) Last prayer request is I have started my pumping schedule to induce lactation and so far have no results but I am determined to work hard at this and give it a full effort. I am slightly thankful for something to "do" every 2-3 hours while I patiently wait for our DAP!:)

No comments: