Monday, December 15, 2008

Potty Training


I wish I was potty training, Isaiah was very interested in the potty for a few months always asking to sit on it and what not so... I got all excited and bought him a potty seat and allowed him to sit on it whenever he asked. Well, not once did he do anything in the potty (except fart once) and not ten minutes later he would go in his diaper. This cycle got old so we just stopped. I know he's still young but it was cruel to get my hopes up like that. I've even tried putting him in underwear and letting him "wet" himself so he knows the feeling and try to go in the potty next time. Just more laundry and cleaning up for mom. If anyone has advice it would be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm just waiting until he seems ready, I don't want to make it a big deal and then scare him into bedwetting until he's 15!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't stress the potty training. our little man did the same thing....super interested and even went to the potty and then brother came along and he lost interest. We kept going through cycles of staying dry and then out of no where he would revert. We just take one day at time.

Clinton and Misty Dosio said...

Hey Victoria - I'm glad you started a blog. It really is therapeutic, I think. But I don't have kids yet, so it may be more stressful than fun with your hands that full! Anyways, its always fun to keep up with everyone and blogging is such a good way to do it! I can't believe you have 2 kids and are still working nights!