Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The first wave

  So excited to say our first wave of paperwork is off on it's way to Eastern Europe via another Reece's Rainbow family in CA. It contained a majority of our dossier that we had apostilled yesterday in Richmond. I  called our home study agency yesterday and everything is in except one of our references, which when we then emailed him said he did not receive it.:( We also learned that the state police clearances that we finished will not be good enough for our dossier, they are on Department of Social Services letterhead and they need to be on State Police letterhead. I told you this paperwork is annoying! So off we sent new forms with $50 yesterday hoping this doesn't add another 6 weeks to our timeline. We should be seeing our first draft to our home study any day now. We finished everything two weeks ago and Claire said give her about two weeks to write it up. Once we receive the draft we can start our immigration paperwork. Sorry if I have stated all this boring information already. I run what needs to be done multiple times a day in my head, and Joey calls and we do our checklist together at least once a day. I love how involved and invested he is in this process. Sometimes he annoys me with how much he wants to check and recheck that we have everything.
   Yesterday after coming home from Richmond and feeling like we had finished a big adoption milestone, I felt like shopping! I wanted to find one thing for the boys room. Joey took the two big kids to a nearby baseball diamond to play some ball and I took the two littles out shopping. Well 5 stores later I couldn't find anything that I liked:( I even went to JoAnns to try and find fabric to make something but didn't see anything that said buy me. I need to keep the room semi neutral so it is not too much of a shock to the boys. They are coming from an almost sterile white environment and too much color and business will be stressful for them. I  would like to do an airplane theme because that is how they are coming into our family, flying across the world. Oh well I have time, it just figures when I do have an evening to shop I don't find anything:)

No comments: