Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wedgie!

   Well in my last post two days ago I said I was putting on my big girl panties the devil decided to give me a wedgie! Thursday afternoon we sent off our first wave of immigration paperwork to start the process, and we felt good to begin the final paper process. Joey headed off to play softball for a team that was down a player at 7 and I put the kids to bed. Earlier that afternoon I had mowed the lawn for Joey as his fathers day gift, and by now my back was killing me! I had been dreaming of my Epsom salt bath for hours. I no sooner climbed in the tub and Isaiah and Meah came running in to tell me Hannah was throwing up! NICE I get out clean her up and get all the kids tucked back into bed thinking it was just having too much candy before bed.  I climb back in the tub and...you guessed it! Repeat. We spend the next few hours cleaning and tucking until about 10:30 when she settles down. I crawl into bed and crash at 11. At 11:30 Joey comes home and I am going to be honest I was not happy with him. He was banging and booming all around! He is usually very careful to be quiet and I couldn't understand what his deal was! He came upstairs and went in the bathroom to shower, continuing to make such a ruckus that he woke the baby up. Now I was ready to let him have it! He crawls into bed at midnight moaning and groaning and wiggling so much I finally ask what is his deal! He hurt his knee and can't get comfortable. I am not too sympathetic at midnight  I shove a pillow under his knee and give him some aleve.
   Morning comes and Joey is feeling worse. He asks me to look at his knee and as I get out of bed I feel a wave of nausea come over me. I run to the bathroom and start my own journey of throwing up. When I finally make it back to bed 30 minutes later Joey is emotional realizing something is seriously wrong with his leg and what that means for our family.  So many things run through our heads but mainly we just try to make it through the day with lots of little kiddos running around. I survive until naptime and at 1:30 go and lie down. Joey heads off to the doctor to have his knee looked at. Thankfully it is his left leg so he can drive. The doctor thinks it is a torn meniscus and orders an MRI. A sweet friend brings dinner over and we let the kids watch tv for the rest of the day:) I may not understand why or what God's plan is but I do know that He loves us more then we can ever know. Each day I am learning to lean on Him more and more.

No comments: