Monday, July 8, 2013

Sweet friends lift your spirits!

   What a week, after being sick this past week I was looking forward to a holiday weekend to relax and enjoy my family. WRONG! as I prepared for work on Thursday evening of the 4th I started sweating. I remember thinking why am I so hot?! but I had had chills and fever off and on this week after being sick so I shrugged it off and went to work. My hubby texts me an hour or so later and tells me the AC is broken. The outside coil was frozen solid and it was 85 in the house. Poo, a little guilty I was at work all night in the freezing hospital while my family was cooking in our home. Well the service company said it was a holiday weekend and would be out on Monday. Okay three days to kill, we can do this! Friday I got off work around 8 am and when I got home we headed right out to Richmond to apostille the last big chunk of our paperwork. I fell asleep for what felt like 1 second on the way there:) Apostilles took about 2 hours and we headed back home. At home around 1pm I went to lay down I didn't care how hot it was I was tired! Joey woke me up at 3:30 because he was leaving for a Nationals Game. So cranky mommy got up. It was hot and the kids were crazy so I said lets go to the pool. I thought I would let them cool off and get nice and tired and then we could go to bed early:) If you have 4 kids or more you know prepping for the pool is no small task so after that hurdle was crossed off we went. As I pull into the pool I notice lots of people leaving and I get a sinking feeling. I pull up to one and ask what happened. A child peed in the pool and it is closed for the rest of the day. Now I am already frazzled, tired and grumpy. I have lubed up 4 kids and wrestled them into their swimsuits and packed a dinner and pool bag. I started crying and drove away. The kids all asking a million questions at once "why aren't we at the pool, why are you crying, where are we going, what is for dinner, can we have gum, can we go to chuckecheese?" I kid you not those were the questions!:) I didn't know where I was going but I wasn't going home. Joey called to "check in" and at that moment I hated him! It wasn't his fault but I was tired and he was off having a good ole time while I was stuck in this mess. I ended up driving to a park that has a small creek and the kids and I had a great time throwing rocks and splashing away. We ate the meal I packed and I treated them to slushies on the way home. I think God was showing me the even when things don't go as planned they can still be amazing and wonderful. I really did have a great time with the kids at the park. After we got home and everyone was in bed I tried to relax and fall asleep. If you have never worked night shift you wouldn't understand that even though you are so tired you want to sleep, your body won't let you. I was also getting hotter and hotter I check the thermostat and noticed it was 89 downstairs. It was 11 and I thought I should check on the kids. Poor Meah had a ring of sweat around her in the bed and Hannah was thrashing like she was having the worst dream of her life. Jedidiah was awake staring at me as if to question "why?" I decided to get them all up and take them to my inlaws house (just a few blocks away) to sleep there. They were out of town and I knew the kids and I would rest better there. So by midnight I had the kids set up and settling down, I text Joey to let him know I was not at home and tried to fall asleep. Just as I was dosing off Joey walks in:) We were finally asleep after 1am (Ironically Joey's moms alarm woke us up at 4:20 that morning)
   So we got up the next morning ready to go to my parents house. We had planned on spending Saturday with them for our 4th of July plans. We rounded up the kids trying to minimize the disaster made on the house and headed to the van. I was so looking forward to spending the day at my parents house. Just relaxing I was still tired and we were trying to to think about how we were going to pay for the AC repair on top of the adoption. After all the kids were in the van we tried to leave, but the van wouldn't start. I was in shock, this was not happening. I was so thankful Joey was there so he could keep me from throwing an adult temper tantrum in front of the kids. We unpacked the kids and went back into my inlaws house. I believe with all my heart that there was a problem with our van that did not involve the battery. We prayed together as a family and I put on FB what was happening. I received immediate responses from friends saying they were praying. I also got text with offers of vehicles, homes and car repair. We are so blessed with our support system! After about 1/2 and hour Joey decided to try and jump the van with his truck, why not it couldn't hurt. It worked! We decided to go up to my parents, praying the van would make it.
   Today is now Monday at 3pm, we bought a new car battery for $100 and I just put $600 on my credit card for the AC fan motor to be replaced. But, we have a running van and a house that is on its way to being cool. We got to spend the weekend with my family and we have so many other blessings. We were also able to overnight the paperwork we got apostilled on Friday and it is now in Eastern Europe already being translated! (we sent it with another family going to get their little one so it was hand delivered yesterday) We now only have one more piece of paper to receive and we are done!!! It is the approval from US immigration. Please join with us in praying that this approval arrives quickly. The wait could be 75+ days! We constantly remind ourselves that this is in God's hands and in His perfect timing!

No comments: