Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The stress is killing me!

  I have worked in the healthcare field for over 12 years, I have a great immune system unless I get stressed. I have been sick more times in the last 6 months then I have been in the last 6 years. When we started this adoption journey I read so many blogs about other families that had adopted or were in the process. I read about how these families felt "attacked" by the devil. He hates adoption it is too perfect a picture of the redemption that we have in Christ. It is what God has called our family to do and the devil wants to stop us. I can not explain how "attacked" I have felt since we started this process. From job stresses for both Joey and I, to financial strain and even just plan physically we have been sick so much. Joey and I both have gotten the same GI bug three times in the last few months (and I do clean my home!) This past Friday we got some more discouraging news that just about broke me. I then managed to get a sore throat/head cold, worked my shift Saturday night in the ICU and then woke up Monday morning throwing up. I felt like Anne from Green Gables," in the depths of dispair!" I keep telling myself that in 6 months all this will be funny, this too shall pass but it is still hard to be in it right now.  I am so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I will not let the devil win in this battle. When I look at the big picture and gain some perspective my life is so easy and I have more then I could ever need. I have awesome friends and family that lift me up in prayer (and I do feel your prayers) Not to mention my wonderful husband who has been such a support during this process. Yesterday as he was caring for the 4 kids and checking on me, he was putting together our package for USCIS and mailing it off, prepping for two different grant applications we are applying for and finalizing our checklist to finish the paperwork for Eastern Europe. So today I am choosing to rejoice, His mercies are new every morning!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Lifting your family up!

Rejoice in the Lord always - Rejoice! Philippians 4:4