Monday, July 29, 2013

When will I learn?

   Last week we left Tuesday morning to attempt to have our fingerprints taken. Our whole family had prayed and prayed about this situation (and many of you sent sweet comments that you were praying as well) As you know we were able to get our fingerprints with no problem. God answered our prayers with a yes. You would think that I would take that experience and go forward with faith that there is awesome power in prayer. Sadly no, I jump right back into trying to "do" God's work myself. I have been calling USCIS daily (sometimes more then once a day) to check with our officer on the status of our application. We were told by our agency to "grease the wheels." Well all the phone calls have gone right to voice mail, not once have we been able to reach our officer. We tried at different times in the day. Over the weekend we thought maybe she was on vacation so we would reach her Monday. Nope:( right to voice mail this morning. I know this sounds like such a little thing but at the end of this adoption paper chaos being this close to being done makes us crazy people. I was so discouraged and thinking about how I could get in touch with this person all week. It finally hit me that I had not prayed about it! I was working so hard on my own strength to get this done that I forgot about my super power:) I could call all I wanted for the next three years but unless God wants us approved nothing is going to happen. SO.....would you please join us in praying for our USCIS officer to process our file and approve us to bring two sweet blessings into the US. As hard as it is, it is so exciting to be in positions where the only way things are going to work out are if God works miracles! We are in so many situations right now that the world would look at us and say give up, stop trying. But we know we serve a living God. We are honored to be able to give God all the glory for carrying us through and pray we learn the lessons He is trying to teach us (the first time:).

No comments: