Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Car shopping stinks!

   My husband and I are not car people. We don't get excited about the newest and greatest vehicle out there. We do get excited about a car that works for us and is paid off. I will me painfully honest, I hesitated to commit to a second child because I knew that meant we would need a bigger vehicle. I hate car shopping and car salesmen and the whole deal. Plus I love my van. Anyway we went and looked for a brief moment at the Toyota Seinna 8 passenger van. That was my top pick, not a massive crazy thing but it was a no go:( the back latch covers the side seatbelt and the front middle doesn't look like it could safely hold a car seat. So now we have pretty much decided on the Nissan NV. I will admit it is a very cool van. It is convenient for all the kids to get in and out. But it just came out so the odds of us finding a used one are slim to none. We are hoping to wait until after the boys come home and then maybe find a 2012 NV when they are trying to get the new 2014's out and maybe get a deal. We will see, until then I get to wrap my mind around driving a Nissan Titan truck engine with a 12 passenger bus on the end of it:)
    In a separate car note, I was involved in a hit and run accident on my way to work Sunday evening. As I was going down Rt3 east a man in a white sports car hits me and the car next to me from behind. He then accelerated into the second car again. I was in shock not quite realizing everything that was happening. As we all pulled over to the side, the man that hit us gets out makes some rude comments to the second car then gets back in his mangled vehicle and speeds off. We all stood in shock not sure what if anything we could do. After about 20 minutes the police show up and take about two hours to take statements and pictures. The poor other driver was hit harder then me and had a terrible headache and it was quite hot outside. After finishing up I headed off to work arriving around 8 pm. After about an hour my neck and back were starting to bother me, nothing terrible just annoying aches. Work was busy and just grabbed a some Motrin. Around 2 am work slowed down and I really struggled to stay awake. I think the adrenaline kick from the accident and then the motrin relaxing me made my body want to crash. I made it through the shift and headed home at 8am were I did crash. So very thankful my children were not in the car and no one was seriously injured. The police call this morning and said they caught the man that hit us and he is in jail being charged with two counts of felony hit and run.

No comments: