Friday, May 31, 2013

Starting Freezer Meals

   At the end of my pregnancy with Jedidiah I had to do something, especially for the 12 days that I went overdue! I made lots of freezer meals which were wonderful. He was born November 12 and I did not cook a meal until after Christmas. So this week as I thought about what I could do while I wait on our home study paperwork and for the next few months of waiting I thought I would start again at the freezer meal stock up. I know with almost twin boys joining the family in addition to being away from home for over a month I will not feel like cooking. I plan on tripling one of the meals I make during the week and freezing the two extras. I found this is the easiest way for me to work it into our schedule. It really isn't too much extra work. I will have to hide the meals from my husband though, he already commented last night that he thought I was cooking them for him while I was in country. I told him I would rather he made macaroni and cheese the whole time I was gone because it is going to be chaos when I get back!:) I will probably leave some meals prepared for when he will be home alone with the kids. At this time our plan is to both go for the first trip. We should be gone 2 1/2-3 weeks in which we meet the kids, go to court and are approved to adopt. We will then come home for the 10 day mandatory wait. Then I will go back with my mother to pick up the boys and apply for visas and passports. Once we receive those it is homeward bound. We should be headed out sometime this fall I am hoping for September but Joey keeps reminding me to not put a time in my head. Anyway I am planning on wintery meals, chili, soups and such plus those seem to freeze better:) If you have any favorite freezer meals and would like to pass them along, I might give them a try I have time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You could do it twice a week. Once for your family while you are gone. And the other for when you get back....great idea by the way!