Tuesday, May 7, 2013

How we named our little guy

    From the very beginning of our adoption journey I knew that God had prepared a boy for us. I have no idea how I just knew it would be a boy. It felt even better learning that most adoptions are of little girls and there are far more boys waiting to be adopted then girls. If you follow my blog you would remember that what started this whole adopt process what the Bible study Nehemiah by Kelly Mintor. So that pretty much explains the first name:) God spoke so clearly to me in the study that we were to adopt and downs syndrome was His special gift to us. Nehemiah was a courageous leader but also a man whose heart broke for the things that break God's heart. That is the perfect man in my opinion, strong kind leader that isn't afraid of his emotions:) I pray our little one can grow to fit his Godly name.
    The middle name is for my dad Robert (Bob) Kamphuis. Although he is not my biological father, he is my dad. No one could have done a better job of being dad without ever trying to replace my daddy or step on his toes. He took on what most men would run from, a widow with three children (already having one of his own). Not to mention having to deal with the crazy VW side of the family:) He may not have adopted me on paper (not his choice but mine) but I know he adopted us into his heart. We are excited to complete the circle and give our little adopted blessing his name, and show him the same love that was shown to me and my brother and sister.
     We are still waiting to hear from our social worker to set up our first appointment but we have all the paperwork done for the home study other then the finger prints which can only be done on Wednesdays. We filled out paperwork to start compiling our dossier and are excited to get that going as well! Thank you to everyone who has been praying and commented on the cuteness of our little guy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm a fellow RR mama:) Take a look at Give1Save1Europe. (I blog on the Asia page.) We help families fundraise.
Blessings to you and your family!