Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Getting things rolling!

   Wow it has been an exciting day and it is only early afternoon! My mom called this morning and asked if she could drive down to visit, which was a perfect opportunity to get our finger printing done since Wednesdays are the only day you can get them. Right after we finished our finger prints (which was pretty cool, computerized not the old ink way) we got a call from our social worker. Since we have completed most if not all of the paperwork, she set up all three of our home study appointments back to back to back! So in two weeks we will have completed our required visits and be that much closer to bringing little Nehemiah home! It feels so good to have things moving ahead and being able to check things off the long list of to dos.
    Our children's pastor sends out an eblast of parenting information and this weeks blast had an article about adoption. The article confused me, maybe it is just because I am a mother or a Christian but I don't find it hard to image me loving my adoptive child? I already do! It was like when I wanted to be pregnant there was love for the anticipated child. When we started the adoption process I had love for the anticipated child. It matters very little where he is coming from I love him. I find already it is hard to fall asleep at night knowing one of mine is not safe in my home with a full belly, warm, comfortable and safe. I worry about him just like my other children. (I know I shouldn't worry I am working on that:) Parenting is hard and there are moments I don't like my biological children and their behavior or actions or how they smell:) But I always love them. I am not trying to be insensitive to adoptive parents that say there was not an instant connection with their child. I don't know how I will feel when I finally meet Nehemiah. I just know that for now "will I love my adoptive child" is not a question I am thinking about:)

2 comments:

Val said...

So glad to see another VA family stepping out in faith and adopting.
Your four little ones are precious and Dane is going to be smothered with love from all those big siblings! God Bless.
Val
deutschfamilyadoption.com

Unknown said...

I don't think your feelings of motherhood are strange at all. God has burdened your heart for Nehemiah and He has prepared your hearts for him. Just as we are adopted into God's family as co-heirs with Christ, Nehemiah is a co-heir with your other little ones.

May the time pass quickly, Jen