Monday, April 29, 2013

More waiting:)

    I know that with adoption and life waiting is part of the game. I am praying today is the day we hear back from Forever Families and we can make a commitment to a child. This weekend I survived my shift at work, poison ivy and all. On Saturday my Isaiah had a soccer game which the kids went to while I slept. I had to get up at 11 to go to a class for work so I only got 2 hours of sleep. After the class, we had Erika and Mel and their two youngest cuties over for a dinner. We were able to talk and ask questions about Eastern Europe and the process of adopting. We were also able to interact with their little ones with downs. Our interaction with them was very little because all they wanted to do was play and be kids. This was very encouraging to Joey, he was able to see how easily a DS child would fit into our family. Our visit was short but well worth it. By Saturday night I was pooped and crashed. Sunday was a great day spent at church and then lunch with friends. I got my Sunday afternoon nap, and then Joey's parents came over for dinner. All in all a good weekend. I told Joey to get ready. He asked why and I told him this was our week, big things are going to happen!

No comments: