Wednesday, April 17, 2013

The start of our adoption journey

God works in mysterious and often humorous ways! Last year at this time our family was perfectly complete, I had just given birth to our 4th little blessing Jedidiah Eric and we were even! Two boys and two girls, perfect. Joey had his "procedure" and we were on to the future! We laughed about finally growing out of diapers, bottles, cribs and all that comes with babies. I continued to carry a strong desire for another child but followed my husbands lead that our family was complete. I prayed many a prayer for God to take away my desire for more children (or just get me pregnant:) Then in February I started a Bible study in my home for the women in our small group, we began the Nehemiah study from Kelly Minter. Little did I know! On the first week of the study Kelly has you think about what breaks your heart like it breaks God's heart. I had a nice list of things, the top being abortion. But on the last day she asks "what has God asked you to DO about it?" Wow, God slapped me in the face! Adoption came immediately to my mind and I knew. I didn't agree and I wrestled with Him for a good week. I didn't say anything to Joey I just explained to God a million reasons why we couldn't adopt or it wasn't a good fit for our family. I already get crazy looks at the grocery store and the constant "you have your hands full"! (He didn't change His mind) After a very slow night shift (which leaves WAY too much time to thinking! I gave up saying no and said, yes. Next up was telling my husband that God wants us to adopt.....but that is another story:)

No comments: